The 2023 Dulles Airport Scholarship application submission process is now closed! For applications turned in prior to the deadline, but are incomplete, the remaining items needed for an application to be considered are due by 5:00 PM on Friday, March 31.
The Committee for Dulles Community Outreach (CFDCO) is now accepting scholarship applications for 2023. The CFDCO is looking to present a minimum of ten (10) college/trade school scholarships in 2023 to graduating high school seniors, eight (8) $2,000 Academic Scholarships, and two (2) $2,500 Academic/Community Service Scholarships. The CFDCO is the charitable arm of the Committee for Dulles and was formed collaboratively with the Washington Airports Task Force in 2012 to honor the legacy of Dave Edwards, a CFD past president who was deeply committee to supporting the Dulles Airport Community. Click here to learn more about the CFDCO.
Applying for a CFDCO Dulles Airport Scholarship:
The Criteria is as follows:
1. Applicant must be an employee or volunteer of, or the dependent of an employee or volunteer of, a business or agency operating in the Washington Dulles Airport community. (This is defined as inside the fence that surrounds the entire airport property.)
2. Applicant is a graduating high school senior (Class of 2023).
3. Applicant must enroll in an accredited community college, trade school, college, or university. The applicant may be full-time or part-time.
4. Applicant demonstrates leadership and commitment to the community through involvement in extracurricular and/or volunteer activities. The Academic/Community Service scholarship awardee will demonstrate considerable community service.
5. Applicant must submit a completed application form which includes student essay, a recommendation letter from a teacher, a copy of high school transcript, and the signature page.
6. No financial disclosure is required; scholarship is not based on need.
7. The scholarship may be used for tuition and other related expenses, i.e., books.
8. The scholarship must commence within 12 months of the scholarship award or scholarship award will be forfeited.
Selection of the scholarship recipient will be made by a committee of the sponsoring organization. Please note that the Scholarship Committee reserves the right not to award the scholarship if it does not receive suitable applications.
Applications are due no later than Tuesday, March 28, 2023. Complete applications will include a) the application form, b) a copy of student’s transcript, c) a letter of recommendation from a teacher, and d) the signature page. Note: Due to the high number of scholarship applications received each year, incomplete applications will not be considered.
Option 1 - Only use this option to submit an application on-line. Step 1: Print out the application signature form by clicking here. Step 2: Fill out and sign the form with all required signatures. Step 3: Upload your Letter of Recommendation, your transcript, and the signed Signature Form, by using the Scholarship Document Submittal Portal below. Step 4:Click here to fill out and submit your oline application.
Option 2 - Click here to print an application form to fill out and send to Mark Treadaway. You may submit your application, along with a copy of your transcript and letter of recommendation from a teacher, by either emailing it in a PDF format to [email protected], or upload the application by using the Scholarship Document Submittal Portal below, or by mailing it to Mark Treadaway, Washington Airports Task Force, 44701 Propeller Court, Suite 100, Dulles, VA 20164.
For help and/or questions, please contact Mark Treadaway at 703.572.8718 or at [email protected].